WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is recommended for those working in a catering environment serving, handling, preparing, and cooking food.
Overview and benefits
Reflecting specific sector needs these food safety qualifications are required to address new National Occupational Standards. The TQUK Level 2 Awards in Food safety has been designed to address the food safety and hygiene needs of those involved in simple food handling and preparation, catering, manufacturing and food related sectors
- This class room based course will enable candidates meet specific needs and be able to: Take personal responsibility for following food safety procedures
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene.
- Receive and store food safely
- Carry out assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manor
- Understand Food Standard Agency – Safer food better business for child minders\
- Introduction to food safety
- Temperature control
- Food safety and hygiene hazards Refrigeration, chilling and holding of cold food
- Cooking, reheating, hot holding
- Safe food handling
- Safe storage
- Premises and equipment
This qualification will allow candidates to understand, Major causes of food poisoning and food borne infections – Major sources of bacterial contamination How food handlers can infect food – How to store food items correctly in order to prevent contamination Safe cleaning – Regulation and legislation
Course Duration and assessment
1 Day, classroom based – 1hour. 30 minute multiple choice exam at the completion the course